The Village of Alert Bay is looking for 2 students to assist the Visitor Centre staff on a full-time basis from 3-Jul-2018 to 31-Aug-2018.
The Services to be provided are as follows:
· Reports to the Visitor Centre Manager
· Provides accurate and detailed information to the public, in person and otherwise
· Maintains the Visitor Centre appearance inside and out, including grounds keeping
· Keeps daily records of visitor statistics
· Maintains a professional, courteous and cheerful attitude at all times
· Assists Manager when required
· Assists with any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
· Summer students will typically work with an experienced full-time staff member, but may be required to work alone.
Candidates must be capable of working with minimal supervision, enjoy working with the public, and be a good team player.
Full time, 30 hours per week. Saturday/Sunday work will be required. Pay rate is $12.65/hour.
Please submit your resume in person at the Village Office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Visitor Centre Summer Student Application”. The application deadline is 4PM, June 11, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their submissions and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is made possible with partial funding from the Government of Canada Summer Jobs Program.