The Village of Alert Bay is looking for 1 student to assist the Public Works crew on a full-time basis from 3-Jul-2018 to 31-Aug-2018.
The Services to be provided are as follows:
· Assisting staff with basic roads and works maintenance operations; fill potholes, pick up debris and litter from roadsides, etc.
· Trail maintenance.
· Cut grass with a weed trimmer
· Hand dig and back fill where necessary for ground work.
· Any other work that may be assigned by the Public Works Foreman.
· Training will be provided before any staff is asked to complete a task or operate a piece of equipment.
Summer students will typically work with an experienced full-time staff member, but may be required to work alone. Summer students will take direction from the Public Works Foreman or other full-time staff members that they are working with.
Steel-toed boots are required.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM. Pay rate is $12.65/hour.
Please submit your resume in person at the Village Office or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Public Works Summer Student Application”. The application deadline is 4PM, June 11, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their submissions and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is made possible with partial funding from the Government of Canada Summer Jobs Program.