The Village of Alert Bay is seeking an experienced Chief Administrative Officer & Chief Financial Officer
The Village of Alert Bay, located on Cormorant Island in Upper Johnstone Strait, is the gateway to the Broughton Archipelago. The Village is the oldest municipality in the Northern Vancouver Island Region and boasts a rich Pioneer and First Nations cultural heritage. The Village works closely with the ‘Namgis First Nation through the “Historic Alert Bay Accord” in the governance of and delivery of services to Cormorant Island. The 1,000 residents of Cormorant Island enjoy services including a hospital, medical and dental clinics, boat harbour, paved airport, extensive trail network, and BC Ferries service to Vancouver Island.
With many projects underway, including implementation of the joint 'Tides of Change' economic development strategy and infrastructure upgrades, the Village needs a strong leader to ensure the resiliency of the local government organization across several business lines, including: local government administration, public works, boat harbour (municipal and federal), property management, auto insurance sales, and more.
Council is seeking a candidate to work closely with and report directly to Mayor and Council. The successful candidate should bring the following to this position:
- Several years of local government experience in a senior administrative role;
- Strong credentials in local government finance;
- Fluency with the Community Charter and Local Government Acts of BC;
- Ability to develop/institute policies and regulations and provide strategic advice and direction for asset management, solid waste, drinking water, sanitary and storm sewage systems;
- A proven ability in working proactively with councils, other governments, First Nations, the public, and business sectors;
- The proven ability to work successfully in and foster a team environment;
- Ability to perform in a constantly challenging work environment;
- A demonstrated knowledge of Municipal Accounting Systems; Muniware knowledge is an asset.
The preferred candidate will possess a relevant University degree and/or certificates or diplomas relating to Local Government Administration, together with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a management and supervisory role in a municipal setting.
The Village of Alert Bay has an excellent benefit package and the salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and prior experience. For more information on the community and the position, please visit www.alertbay.ca.
Please forward a resume with a minimum of three relevant references, cover letter, and salary expectations by 4:00 pm on Friday June 8, 2018.
To: Mayor and Council
Mail: Bag Service 2800, Alert Bay, BC V0N 1A0
Please direct all enquiries to Justin Beadle, CFO: 250-974-5213 or email@example.com
The Village of Alert Bay thanks all applicants for their interest in applying for this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.