The Village of Alert Bay is seeking an experienced Administrative Office Clerk.
As an essential member of the Village staff, the Administrative Clerk reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and Deputy Chief Administrative Officer. Responsibilities of the Village’s primary front counter representative include, but are not limited to: responding to enquiries from the public, acting as an ICBC Autoplan specialist and Driver Licensing agent, performing bank reconciliations, receiving payments made to the municipality, and assisting customers with tax and utility searches, property information, or bylaws.
This is a full time position Monday through Friday (9AM – 5PM) and includes a competitive benefit package.
Desired qualifications include:
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to tactfully and professionally deal with various levels of government officials, members of the public, and fellow employees
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Experience consulting the public and working with councils, boards, committees, commissions and the community
- ‘Power User’ of Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Ability to learn and adjust to regulatory requirements quickly and apply them practically
- Experience in Municipal Information Systems (MuniWare) an asset or similar information/accounting systems
- A background in bookkeeping and accounting functions will serve the candidate well
- Public sector or corporate administration, preferably in the Municipal sector, is desirable. Experience operating within other strict regulatory frameworks may be considered.
If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding role, forward your resume with a minimum of three (3) related references and a brief cover letter by 4:00pm May 23, 2016 to:
Justin Beadle, Chief Administrative Officer
The Village of Alert Bay
Bag Service 2800
Alert Bay, BC