Council is seeking a candidate to work closely with and report directly to mayor and council.
- Several years of local government experience in a senior administrative role.
- Strong credentials in local government finance is essential.
- Fluency with the Community Charter and Local Government Acts of BC.
- A proven ability working proactively with councils, other governments, First Nations, the public and business sectors.
- The proven ability to work successfully in and foster a team environment.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced and ever changing work environment.
- Muniware knowledge is an asset.
- Strong computer skills.
The preferred candidate will possess a relevant University degree and/or certificates or diplomas relating to Local Government Administration together with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a management and supervisory role in a municipal setting.
The Village of Alert Bay has an excellent benefit package and the salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and prior experience. For more information on the community and the position, please visit www.alertbay.ca.
If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding role, forward your resume with a minimum of three (3) related references, cover letter and salary expectations by 4:00 pm on Friday August 21, 2015.
Please direct all inquiries to Heather Nelson-Smith, CAO 250-974-5213 or email email@example.com
For a full job advertisement click here