The Village of Alert Bay is seeking applicants for the position of Public Works (Working) Foreman.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of the Village of Alert Bay, the selected individual will work with regular and seasonal public works staff to ensure that all related services are provided to Village residents and that Village infrastructure is maintained.
The individual joining our team will have demonstrated capacity in:
- Municipal Solid Waste and Recycling services delivery;
- Small Water/Wastewater (EOCP) Systems certification will be required;
- Management and maintenance of Municipal Properties, Capital Assets and Equipment;
- Assisting with preparation of RFP’s for contracted services and contractor oversight;
- Being fully conversant with the applicable rules and regulations as set forth by the governing agencies of BC and Canada including, but not limited to: WorkSafe BC, Ministry of Environment, and other applicable Local Government Regulations;
- Preparing timely, monthly and annual maintenance work plans and supplementary budgets for the efficient operation of the Village’s Public Works functions;
- Acting as the principal contact and intermediary between the municipality and the public in matters pertaining to Public Works, including liaison with the Public Works Supervisor of the adjacent ‘Namgis First Nation;
- Ensuring a safe and efficient work environment;
- Hiring casual labour as required and as limited by the approved financial plan;
- Supervising all Public Works Staff whether full-time or temporary employees;
- Identifying staff training requirements to Council;
- Planning and preparation for job succession;
- Ensuring that evaluative reports on all staff under his/her direct supervision are undertaken on an annual basis;
- Using basic computer programs (MS WordExcel) for budget and job-tracking as well as preparing regular reports to the Village CAO and Council.
The Village of Alert Bay will offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and prior experience. The Community of Cormorant Island and the surrounding natural environment will present an opportunity to live and work in one of the island jewels of the Inner West Coast of BC. (www.alertbay.ca)
Qualified individuals are requested to send their resume and covering letter to:
Corporation of the Village of Alert Bay
Bag Service 2800, Alert Bay, BC. V0N 1A0
Email: Pete Nelson-Smith email@example.com
DEADLINE: 4:00 PM October 23, 2015.
Only those candidates who are short-listed for interview will be contacted.