TitleFinancial Services Rep Cormorant Island Cmty Br.
Employee TypeRegular (Permanent)
Job CategoryCustomer Service
Financial Services Representative
Leadership skills and learning agility considered strong assets
With exceptional listening and compassion skills, and the ability to translate Vancity's Good Money™ brand promise to our members, you will have a solid understanding of customer service skills in a sales environment along with solid communication and interpersonal skills to build rapports with members whilst adhering to our retail service experience.
The Financial Services Representative reports directly into the Branch Manager.
Key areas of accountability for this role are:
- Perform member transactions consistent with established standards so that a high level of quality service delivery is achieved.
- Identify and assess member/prospect needs to provide appropriate products, services and referrals.
- Apply branch service standards, policies, procedures and controls to meet compliance requirements and mitigate risk.
Here at Vancity, we have a consistent set of expectations for all employees:
- Work effectively and with full commitment on the tasks assigned by your manager.
- Give your manager your best advice.
- Stay within policy.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to serve the members (e.g. respond to inquiries, interpret policies and procedures).
- Solid knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of the related field.
- Solid knowledge of the relevant Vancity policies, procedures, products and services.
- Basic knowledge of Vancity products and services offered by the specialist roles.
- Solid knowledge of the relevant Vancity policies, procedures, systems and software.
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through High School plus some post-secondary coursework in related field.
Solid related work experience.
At Vancity, our purpose is to work with people and communities to help them thrive and prosper. For more than 65 years, our commitment to make our community a better place has been the foundation of our success as a financial institution. We honour this commitment through corporate social responsibility that goes beyond donating dollars or volunteering time to worthy causes. It's about operating in a way that is responsible to members and staff, respectful of the environment, and supportive of the communities in which we live and work.