As an essential member of the Village staff, the Receptionist/Administrative Office Clerk reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and Deputy Chief Administrative Officer. Responsibilities of the Village’s primary front counter representative include, but are not limited to: responding to enquiries from the public, processing accounts payable and receivable, boat harbour billing, performing bank reconciliations and assisting customers with tax and utility accounts, providing property information, etc.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday (8:30AM – 4:30PM) and includes a competitive benefit package.
Desired qualifications include:
- Strong customer service and organizational skills;
- Ability to tactfully and professionally deal with various levels of government, members of the public, and fellow employees;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- ‘Power User’ of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Ability to learn and adjust to regulatory requirements quickly and apply them practically;
- A background in bookkeeping and accounting functions will serve the candidate well; experience using accounting software an asset;
- Work experience in the Municipal sector, is desirable; experience working within other comparable organizational frameworks will be considered.
This position is available immediately – please include your availability with your application letter.
Please forward your resume with a minimum of three (3) related references and a brief cover letter clearly marked ‘Confidential’ by 4:00PM Friday, June 29, 2018 to:
Mayor and Council
Corporation of the Village of Alert Bay
Bag Service 2800
Alert Bay, BC
For more information on our community please refer to our website at www.alertbay.ca. The Village of Alert Bay thanks all applicants for their interest in applying for this position however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.